Engineering Technician I (Machinist) (EPFAB-2022-17384):
Bowhead is seeking to network with an Engineering Technician I (Machinist) for a possible upcoming requirement to support the Engineering/Prototype shop at NSWCDD (Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division).
The desired applicant has experience running both CNC lathes and CNC mills with experience in CAD/CAM programming. They should be able to read and understand DOD drawings and be able to hold tight tolerances on machined parts. The capability to use manual lathes, mills and saws is a must along with the capability of using common measuring tools such as dial calipers and micrometers.
• Must have a High school diploma.
• Must have at least one (1) year of professional technical experience operating CNC milling machines and lathes. (Schooling and on the job training may be considered as experience)
• Basic level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints.
• Capable of using common precision measuring tools such as dial calipers and micrometers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and management and respond to instructions/assignments.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.