Bowhead seeks a Systems Engineer- Journeyman to support our PDSS contract at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, MD. The Pre-Deployment Software Support contract is tasked with developing a way to automatically release system updates/patches to military systems in the field. The Systems Engineer will analyze, design and implement information systems.
• Assess the suitability of information systems in terms of their intended outcomes and liaise with end users, and programmers in order to achieve these outcomes.
• Analyze and evaluate major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system.
• Review user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution.
• Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex, multiple, inter-linked systems.
• Define system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems.
• Interact with users to translate their requirements into system, hardware, and software requirements and design. Must be able to solve engineering problems (or manage the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
• Sync with developers to collect builds, apply configuration management, provide application documentation, and validate completeness of build.
• Participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline. Two (2+) additional years of experience may substitute degree requirement.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience (which occurred within the last 7 years) as a Systems Engineer analyzing, designing and implementing information systems.
• Familiarity with VMWare and VSphere, deploying templates into an environment, and creating Windows and Linux templates.
• Technical writing experience and the ability to translate development level requirements into user friendly documentation.
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Skilled in oral and written communications in English
• Ability to work in a combined government / contractor team
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.