UIC Government Services (UICGS) is seeking a qualified Government Property Administrator to work as part of our High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services -Restricted (HITS-R) contract located in Aberdeen, MD. Bowhead will provide the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) with technical and professional support elements required for the operation of the HPCMP Office (HPCMPO) in all phases of planning and execution of its mission, including: technical and administrative support in all areas of program activity, program management support, meeting facilities and office environment, to include a complete telecommunications and computer systems capability and full logistical services.
• Establishes policies and procedures, and ensures compliance on all government property matters.
• Take corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance with property requirements.
• Coordinates and consults with all Bowhead department functional categories (i.e. Operations, engineering, planning, contracts, business development etc.) to ensure government property is properly attended to (accountability, storage, inventory, repair, etc.).
• Ensures property accountability records are maintained.
• Coordinates disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment in accordance with government property management procedures.
• Conducts property audits; provides guidance to company organizations on government regulations pertaining to property accountability; develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy and procedure; conducts internal training and system audits; prepares/consolidates information for periodic government property reports to government agencies; and, prepares periodic internal status and special purpose reports to management as required.
• Provides training and direction to team members and subcontractors on GFP management requirements and procedures.
• Performs as the companies Government Property Management System's principal contact with internal personnel, external stakeholders, and the customer.
• Ensure contract provisions and requirements to acquire, control, use, care for, report, and dispose of government property are met.
• Investigate, analyze, and resolve deficiencies in the property control system as necessary.
• Assist with RFP, proposal, contract and purchase order reviews and work with other departments to administer government property contractual requirements.
• Coordinates disposition and disposal of customer assets as well as the processing of excess property in the plant clearance case system.
• Perform regular analysis of the government property system, with primary emphasis on analyzing data and resolving property records issues.
• Develops, maintains, and administers a Government Property Management Self-Assessment Program and ensure the ability to pass Corporate and government audits. Annually review and certify that government property policies and procedures are accurate, complete, and up to date.
• Initiate and maintain contacts throughout the organization and with customers as necessary to resolve property issues.
• Ensure the integrity of data, records, and reports that are officially submitted to the customer.
• Administer, track and report on government-owned property issues/purchased under this program, ensuring property is effectively controlled and maintained in accordance with company and government procedures/regulations.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required. Verifiable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 6 years of property/asset management work experience in functional areas listed below and 4 years of managerial experience.
Property Management Functional Areas:
Acquisition Ownership, Responsibility, and Accountability
Audits Physical Inventory
Consumption Property Accounting (financial)
Contracts and Agreements Closure Receiving
Disposition and Retirement Records
Environmental Considerations Reporting
Identification Risk Management
Import/Export Control Screening and Excessing
Inventory Management Storage and Warehousing
Movement and Transfers Valuation
• Fluent operational understanding of FAR 52.245-1 and related DFARS clauses.
• Experience with DoD programs is required
• Must be willing and able to travel as required.
• Must be a National Property Management Association (NPMA) Certified Professional Property Administrator (CPPA) or Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM).
• Proficient in the use of personal computers with the ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of PCARSS and eQuip is desirable.
• Proficiency in the use of on-line government property databases is preferred.
• Actively participate in continuous development and enhancement of the property control system.
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and property/TE/MRP database management.
• Inspection and internal audit skills are a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. Possessing and active Secret clearance preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.