Bowhead seeks a Systems Engineer- Journeyman to support our PDSS contract at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, MD. The Pre-Deployment Software Support contract is tasked with developing a way to automatically release system updates/patches to military systems in the field. The Systems Engineer will analyze, design and implement information systems.
• Assess the suitability of information systems in terms of their intended outcomes and liaise with end users, and programmers in order to achieve these outcomes.
• Analyze and evaluate major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system.
• Review user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution. Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex, multiple, inter-linked systems.
• Define system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline. Two (2+) additional years of experience may substitute degree requirement.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience (which occurred within the last 7 years) as a Systems Engineer analyzing, designing and implementing information systems.
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Skilled in oral and written communications in English
• Ability to work in a combined government / contractor team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.