Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Read and accurately interpret project plans and specifications for the proper execution of work as defined in project documents.
- Assist the Project Manager with the planning and implementation of multiple projects.
- Assist the Project Manager with contracts and negotiations, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager with submitting budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Track project reports including daily reports, labor reports, submittals, equipment utilization, schedules, projections, and activity progress, budget versus actual reports.
- Perform Take-Off’s whether for estimating or during project execution by calculating dimensions, square footage, or calculating material quantities.
- Assist Surveyor with lay out, reference points, grades and elevations.
- Analyze and update project budgets, margin projections, and budget vs actual reports.
- Assist with project quality control, including the testing of soils for adequacy and conformance, as well as materials meeting the project specifications.
- Create, Plan, and update work plans for various activities.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, including heavy job, excel, etc.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Monitor and report on progress of project to appropriate parties.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Consolidate and analyze historical data and assist with estimating on future projects.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental and safety codes, or other regulations.