Project Engineer Intern
Project Engineer Intern will be responsible for assisting the Project Engineer and/or Project Manager with the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Read and accurately interpret project plans and specifications for the proper execution of work as defined in project documents.
- Assist the Project Engineer with the completion of construction documents including RFI’s, Submittals, Purchase Orders, Serial Letters, etc.
- Track project reports including daily reports, production reports, labor reports, submittals, equipment utilization, schedules, projections, and activity progress, budget versus actual reports.
- Perform Take-Off’s whether for estimating or during project execution by calculating dimensions, square footage, or calculating material quantities.
- Assist Surveyor with lay out, reference points, grades and elevations.
- Analyze and update project budgets, margin projections, and budget vs actual reports.
- Assist with project quality control, including the testing of soils for adequacy and conformance, as well as materials meeting the project specifications.
- Assist Project Engineer with SWPPP Program.
- Create, Plan, and update work plans for various activities.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, including heavy job, excel, etc.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Monitor and report on progress of project to appropriate parties.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Consolidate and analyze historical data and assist with estimating on future projects.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental and safety codes, or other regulations.