MATERIAL COORDINATOR (FRCASE-2022-17750-F):
Bowhead seeks a Material Coordinator to join our team at Solomons, MD. The Material Coordinator will use the Logistics Information Systems (LIS) to plan, schedule, control, and process all maintenance requests for repair or service. The Material Coordinator will be responsible for receiving, verifying, inputting, and editing data associated with the processing of maintenance requests. The Material Coordinator will prepare documents used for scheduling workload and resources and shall ensure priorities and schedules are met.
Essential functions will include:
• Compiling and recording production data for industrial establishments to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production
• Processing, tracking and reporting of material and service requests via COMFRC ASE systems of record (i.e. Maximo, Navy Enterprise Resource Planning N-ERP, NAVSUP Commercial Asset Visibility Ensuring the material is managed correctly and accurately by ensuring inventory counts and locations, on hand balances, and part due-ins are current and updated as required
• Ensuring items that will not be available based on projected delivery dates are expedited. Use Maximo to monitor end item estimated completion dates to identify material requisitions whose estimated delivery dates would not meet ships movement.
• Working with the applicable item managers to expedite those items that will not be available based upon required delivery dates (RDDs) and estimated delivery dates (EDDs) projected in the applicable system.
• Updating the Government Priority List (GPL) to indicate any items requiring immediate expediting for end item parts determined to effect immediate mission RDDs, and taking action upon receipt of the GPL report, providing valid status for all materials/services.
• Ensuring sufficient kits are on hand to meet planned induction requirements.
• Expediting, monitoring and tracking the status of all requisitions, using COMFRC ASE systems of record.
• A High School diploma is required at a minimum in addition to at least two (2) years’ of experience in Navy logistics.
• Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and be able to maintain/obtain a forklift license.
• Any prior experience with government contracts and locations is helpful.
• Basic to intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain CAC Access. This location requires US Citizenship for admission.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.