Scale House Operator Summary:
Scale house operator is responsible for operating weigh scales, scale computer and software data programs, data entry and record keeping. The scale house operator ensures trucks receive tare weights each day prior to loading. The operator also scales and records each loaded truck throughout the day and records weights and prints tickets
• Ensure that trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights.
• Operate Computer to enter truck information, product data, and ensure accurate ticket is printed for each load.
• Maintain cumulative transaction log for each shift in which trucks are hauling. Accurately perform routine data entry into a computer.
• Perform and assist in clerical and other duties as directed.
• Save and send transaction register and ticket copies to jobsite office and/or owners representative.
• Tare trucks (empty weight) on a daily basis and record as appropriate. •
• Organize, clean, and maintain scale house daily.
• Ability to speak English and communicate with others via two-way radio. • High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to operate scale house.
• Position is remote. Applicant will be provided room and board in a work camp located in Curry, Alaska.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Proficient with computers, entering, saving, and tracking data.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems.
• Ability to perform basic computer functions and operate computer software with basic mathmatic skills
• Requires sitting at desk in Scale House setting for extended periods.
• Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands via two-way radio.
• Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
• Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.
• Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis. Environmental Conditions:
• Work environment is that of a construction site.
• May be working in close proximity to moving equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Must have dependable transportation
Authorized Driver Requirement: Employee must have a valid driver’s license and three (3) year clean driving record. Employee must follow all Authorized Driver Policy and Procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
All employees must pass Non-DOT pre-employment drug screening and follow all UIC Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program guidelines and requirements.
If working on a DOT project, employees must pass a DOT pre-employment drug screening and follow all DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program requirements.
Candidates must pass a background check in order to fill this position.
UIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC HR for assistance.
UIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V