SR. NETWORK SPECIALIST (HITS-R):
Bowhead seeks a Sr. Network Specialist to support the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services -Restricted (HITS-R) contract located in Aberdeen, MD. Bowhead will provide the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) with technical and professional support elements required for the operation of the HPCMP Office (HPCMPO) in all phases of planning and execution of its mission, including: technical and administrative support in all areas of program activity, program management support, meeting facilities and office environment, to include a complete telecommunications and computer systems capability and full logistical services.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
• BA/S in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related field is required. A combination of experience and education may be accepted in lieu of degree.
• Four years (4+) of relevant technical experience is required.
• Intermediate-to-advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite—Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level, may be required to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance upon hire. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.