Telecommunications Mechanic (Altus-2023-19244):
Bowhead seeks a Telecommunications Mechanic II at our Altus AFB location. The Telecommunications Mechanic II installs, tests, troubleshoots, programs, maintains, and repairs digital switching equipment, telephone sets, attendant consoles, power and ringing relay racks, miscellaneous telephone, radio, fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and computer data circuits and related apparatus required in the central switching office along with maintaining the VOIP networked phone system.
They will analyze system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and determine whether the failure is caused by software, hardware, or other factors. Employees in this position maintain manual and/or computerized central office records, including detail records, traffic analysis records, cable records, line records, subscriber service records, and spare parts inventories. Runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits. Must have a global knowledge of how Base Telecommunications Services (BTS) operate under government contracts and understand working within the Federal Acquisition Regulations. IT fundamentals and experience with Ethernet and Fiber Optic technologies is required. Must Obtain Security+ Certification within 6 months of employment along with obtaining proper government clearance.
Essential functions will include:
• Operate and maintain BTS equipment and systems in a serviceable condition and/or restore to a serviceable condition; including equipment purchase(s), inspection, periodic testing, adjustment, and repair.
• Maintain BTS work center records, including but not limited to, BTS Maintenance/Repair Log, PMI inspection records, cable installation/repair test results, other required records applicable to the task order.
• Preventive Maintenance Inspections, including but not limited to, switch power tests and spare conduct / fiber strand test.
• Ability to install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems; alarm systems; teletype equipment; and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs; terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers.
• Possess the desire to provide customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to work productively, multi-task and manage priorities effectively.
• Ability to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade safely and in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Answers the telephone repair helpdesk and interfaces with customers.
• Administrates the Cisco Call Manager server, Cisco Unity voicemail platform, and Cisco ISE access control list.
• Ability to work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a team player using good judgment and problem solving skills
• Must be punctual and flexible regarding scheduled and non-scheduled service requirements.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience performing equipment troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance for structured cabling systems.
• Experience splicing aerial cable from bucket lift, aerial lift and/or other hoist mechanism is a plus.
• Preference given to candidate with one or more years’ experience installing, splicing and servicing Cat 5, 5e, 6 and fiber optics.
• Must be fluent in English and able to read, write and follow instructions (including diagrams, flow charts and pictures).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Public Trust clearance at this location.