SR. STATISTICIAN (NHTSA):
Bowhead has an immediate opening for a Sr. Statistician to join our team in Washington DC. The Sr. Statistician will provide technical support to conduct statistical analysis on issues related to motor vehicle crashes and will work on projects involving sampling, data collection, and modeling of data retrieved from various sources. The Statistician will assist in compiling and computing data using statistical analysis techniques and Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programming and will prepare technical reports, research notes, presentations and charts.
• Providing statistical support for sample design, data collection, weighting procedures, handling missing data including multiple imputation, and business intelligence.
• Providing technical support to design and develop projects, as well as provide assistance on data quality control processes, data imputation and other statistical tasks related to motor vehicle crashes.
• Writing reports and research papers based on sampling and statistical analysis of motor vehicle crash databases.
• Working for the client NCSA independently or in a team environment with other statisticians and meet strict deadlines.
• Knowledge/experience in SAS Business intelligence software/visual analytics.
• A BA/BS in Statistics or a related field is required at a minimum. If the degree is not Statistics specifically, qualified candidates must have had at a minimum twelve (12) semester hours in Statistics OR a combination of education and experience with a minimum of six (6) semester hours in Statistics
• Strong skills in computer programming including hands on experience using Statistical Analysis System (SAS)
• Knowledge of applying statistical techniques including descriptive and exploratory analysis, time series analysis, nonparametric analysis, univariate and multivariate statistical methods, sample design, data collection and quality control, analysis of large databases, multiple imputation methods and interpretation of quantified information
• Experience in developing and presenting results by reports, tables and charts
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts and demonstrable skills in oral and written communications, examples of technical publications / conference presentations may be requested
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a clearance at the Public Trust level. A minimum of three (3) years US residence is required for a Public Trust clearance at this location.