Perform tasks involving all type of craft skill on a commercial construction project. Primary duties will include to read and interpret plans and specifications, raise, place and unite iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structural frameworks. In addition carpenter skills to include but is not limited to erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings. to concrete forms, building framework, window and door frames, casework, siding, drywall, roofing, insulation, or other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret plans specifications. Must be able to perform as detailed in the plans and specifications.
• Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
• Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
• Fasten structural steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
• Verify and maintain vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
• Hoist steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signals hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
• Cut, bend or weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
• Erect metal or precast concrete components for structures, such as buildings, bridges, dams, towers, storage tanks, fences, or highway guard rails.
• Force structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
• Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
• Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
• Drive drift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural steel members with corresponding holds in previously placed members.
• Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
• Fabricate metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
• Dismantle structures or equipment.
• Hold rivets while riveters use air hammers to form heads on rivets.
• Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, or valves depending on types of structures being assembled.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/or Equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain current driver's license.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Have punctual and on time work history.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.