Help Desk Support Specialist (LC-2023-19355):
Bowhead seeks a Help Desk Support Specialist, to join our team at Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN) located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story.
As the Help Desk Support Specialist, you will be responsible for prioritizing workload from various sources based on the Remedy Action Request System (RARS) utilized by managers, team leads, or the on-call IT Service Desk.
• Associates degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting and/or troubleshooting at the Tier II and/or III level. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience installing networks, exercising network security to include determining network security requirements, establishing security protocols and procedures, and maintaining the network at the prescribed level of security.
• Extensive knowledge in government off the shelf (GOTS) and commercial off the shelf (COTS) software; Active Directory, MS Office Suite, Citrix, Java and Adobe Suite also highly desired.
• Security+CE certification; OS 6 months from Appointment (Skillport WIN10 training a plus).
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.