COMMERCIAL VEHICLE OPERATOR
Bowhead seeks a Commercial Vehicle Operator to join our team in Fort Jackson, SC. The Commercial Vehicle Operator will be responsible for transporting equipment over specified routes to local or distant points in support of the Logistics Readiness Center (LRC). Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge and experience required to hold the position as outlined below.
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to make repairs and change tires, inspect truck and check gas, oil, and water before departure.
• Assist loading or unload of equipment.
• Comply with local traffic regulations, and report delays or accidents.
• Transport equipment between pickup points and destinations.
• Ability to drive diesel trucks over established routes.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• High school Diploma or GED required
• South Carolina commercial driver's license (CDL) required
• At least 3 years of experience driving with a CDL is preferred
• A familiarity with the military is preferred but not required
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required.