Bowhead is seeking a Network/ECR Survey and Drafter Technician responsible for surveying electronic classrooms (ECR), installing network cables, moving equipment, and providing improvements and recommendations to E.C.R. and training systems within Government facilities for our Navy customers. A successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and updating Engineering drawings.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering is preferred, or additional experience in place of a degree
• Travel will be required 50-75% of the time
• Previous military active or reserve duty or retired military is preferred
• At least two (2) years of experience as a facilities technician or in a similar role
• Experience with M.S. Office required, previous experience with VISIO highly preferred or AutoCAD
• Experience with assembling furniture and computer equipment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read Engineering drawings
• Familiar with ASME drawing standards
• Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain or currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically