COMPUTER OPERATOR III (2023-19422):
Bowhead seeks a Computer Operator to join our team in Corpus Christi, TX to be responsible for monitoring and controlling a computer by operating the central console for on-line terminals. In addition to operating the system (UNIX, HK) and resolving common error conditions, the operator diagnoses and acts on machine stoppage, error conditions not fully covered by existing procedures and guidelines. This may include resetting switches and other controls (AGV’s) or making mechanical adjustments to maintain or restore equipment operations.
Essential functions will include:
• The operation of the console panel, storage devices, printers, and the action of the console printer to monitor the system and determine the point of job steps to continue operations when individual units of the system malfunction.
• Manipulating controls to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations in the event that individual units of the system malfunction.
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with co-workers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A High School diploma or equivalent is required at a minimum.
• Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking effectively in English.
• Must have comprehensive computer/PC knowledge required including spreadsheet and word processing software, and at least intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• A Valid driver’s license, current vehicle registration and certificate of insurance is required for privately owned vehicles seeking permission to access Corpus Christi Army Depot
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds frequently and move moderately heavy material weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance
• Regularly required to sit, use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and or hear during an 8 hour shift.
• Required to stand and/ or walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/ or squat for the some of the individuals assigned 8 hour shift.
• Routinely required to reach with hands and arms
• Often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling and positioning parts assemblies and equipmen
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust Level (NACI). Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.