STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS PLANNER (ASAALT):
Bowhead is seeking a Strategic Communications Planner to support the ASA(ALT) in Washington, DC. The Strategic Communications Planner is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the Army Acquisition Community’s role and presence in the Army Public Relations arena. The Strategic Communications Planner shall assist in the development of the ASA(ALT) strategic communications plan and support execution by producing strategic communications materials such as articles, brochures, and presentations.
• Develop, produce, edit, print, ship and maintain digital copies of project handbook.
• Scheduling and conduct of recurring Acquisition Strategic Communications Integration Group teleconferences; participation in OASA(ALT) and Army Communications Working Groups, Focus Groups, and specific event-related media engagement planning groups; and facilitation of OASA(ALT) participation in industry-related events and engagements.
• Serve as liaison with the Army Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, PEOs, PMs, Army Staff, Offices of Legislative and Budget Liaison to support the development, staffing, promulgation and direct media engagement of official Army Acquisition positions in support of the AAE.
• Provide direct support to the planning, oversight, and execution of OASA(ALT) participation in trade shows, industry forums, and other similar physical engagements, to include various Association of the United States Army (AUSA), Army Aviation Association of America (AAAA) and National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) engagements, and maintain the OASA(ALT) record and staffing of all field and headquarters conference capture and documentation requirements in accordance with AR 1-50 (Army Conference Policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus five (5) years’ experience in providing strategic communications support in a professional communications environment.
• Previous experience with defense-related public affairs is desired.
• Must possess excellent customer relation skill, with the ability to communicate effectively with and for senior level DoD officials and assist them in the process of communicating the organization’s message.
• Excellent professional writing skills and verbal communication skills are a must. Speechwriting as required.
• Demonstrated competence in research and planning skills to support outreach activities.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and track tasks and develop well-written articles and reports.
• Ability to travel if needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.