Bowhead seeks a to hire a Technician for the upcoming Diminishing Manufacturing Sources Material Shortages contract located in Tinker AFB OK ALC, Hill AFB UT ALC and Robins AFB GA ALC. This contract is tasked with advisory and assistance services to provide logistics and engineering support for reducing DMSMS impacts, enhancing the readiness of Air Force weapons systems, and proactively improve logistics support, maintenance and system sustainability.
o Identifying, analyzing and solving obsolescence issues across multiple platforms before they impact sustainment.
o Accessing, utilizing, interpreting and preparing recommended changes to technical data (including AFTO Form 22s/252s or commercial equivalent).
o Utilizing a DMSMS predictive tool to proactively and reactively solve parts obsolescence.
o Accessing, interpreting and recommending changes to engineering drawings utilizing data repositories such as Joint Engineering Data Management Information Control System (JEDMICS) or commercial equivalent.
o Researching and providing detailed technical data to support the recommendation of replacement of components for items where the manufacturer has discontinued production, including: existing stock, reclamation, alternate, aftermarket, F3I substitutions, emulation, and minor/major redesigns.
• Two (2+) years combined experience supporting a sustainment environment such as military depot or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in related filed is preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust (NAC) level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Public Trust clearance at this location.