COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (LC-2023-19584):
Bowhead is seeking to network, for an upcoming proposal effort, with Computer Support Specialist to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division. The contract will support business services in support of Code 80 and other organizations associated with or sponsoring the NSWCCD. The business services include Program Management and Planning, Finance, Logistics, Security, Space Planning, Safety, Administrative Services, Technical Editing, Records Management, and Computer Engineering and IT support.
As the Computer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for prioritizing workload from various sources based on the Remedy Action Request System (RARS) utilized by managers, team leads, or the on-call IT Service Desk and creates tickets within RARS and escalates them how and when necessary.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Uses the C4IM Services List and understands the difference between baseline services, above baseline services and mission support services pertaining to the NSWCCDDN and other tenant organizations.
• Installs, configures, and troubleshoots government furnished equipment and has knowledge of various equipment (laptops, desktops, blackberries, switches, routers, computer peripherals, printers and servers).
• Images computers on a daily basis, adds printers and computers to the network, and updates computers to comply with Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments based on the results of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability scanning.
• Associates degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting and/or troubleshooting at the Tier II and/or III level. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience installing networks, exercising network security to include determining network security requirements, establishing security protocols and procedures, and maintaining the network at the prescribed level of security.
• Extensive knowledge in government off the shelf (GOTS) and commercial off the shelf (COTS) software; Active Directory, MS Office Suite, Citrix, Java and Adobe Suite also highly desired.
• Security+CE certification; OS 6 months from Appointment (Skillport WIN10 training a plus).
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Confidential level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Confidential clearance at this location.