Bowhead seeks an Agile SCRUM Master to join our team in supporting our Marine Corps customers in Stafford, Va.
This position is on-site at our Bowhead office in Stafford, VA.
The Scrum Master applies a broad technical knowledge of the Agile methodology in order to manage the scrum process with geographically dispersed teams to deliver exceptional standards in product quality and timely, predictable delivery of projects. This involves guiding the scrum team on how to use Agile practices and removing impediments for the scrum team. The Scrum Master organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting, arranges daily stand-up meetings, schedules demos, conducts retrospective meetings and facilitates the decision-making process. This position requires working closely with product owners to groom the product backlog to ensure it is ready for the next sprint. The Scrum Master tends to cross functional coordination and communication, requirements traceability, release management, test case management, and defect tracking concerns to keep delivery on track.
• Facilitates daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
• Radiates information between squad and stakeholders to ensure alignment
• Assists team or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
• Serves as a coach in Agile practices
• Tracks and removes impediments
• Ensures the correct use of scrum processes
• Shields team from outside distractions and interferences
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• Scrum Master certification
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a SCRUM Master in IT
• Experience with Agile transformation
• Strong knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and best practices is a plus
• Familiarity with IT infrastructure, systems development, and software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
• Knowledge of other agile methodologies and frameworks like Kanban and XP
• Proficiency in estimation and planning
• Effective communicator with the ability to maintain a cohesive team
• Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
• Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
• Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures
• Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
• Ability to take and understand commitments to deliver projects on time
• Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
• Experience using Jira or similar tool for managing Sprints and User Stories.
• Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices
• Demonstrates proficiency in conflict resolution
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: At this time, there are no clearance requirements. Candidates with a security clearance are highly encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically