Bowhead seeks a Systems Engineer to join our team in supporting our Marine Corps customers in Stafford, Va.
The Systems Engineer will provide expert technical guidance, coaching, and review throughout all stages of our software development lifecycle; leveraging your hands-on experience, you will help establish and advance our software engineering best practices to empower our developers and improve the business processes.
• Provide systems engineering expertise to support integration of new capabilities
• Advise teams on software architectures, design patterns, refactoring, security, and other best practices to build high-quality, robust systems
• Conduct thorough design and code reviews to conform with enterprise standards and provide improvement recommendations
• Guide teams on strategies for automated testing, performance tuning, observability, and release management
• Evaluate overall system quality, security, scalability, and readiness for production
• Identify technology gaps, dependencies, risks early and provide options to address them
• Share techniques for improving developer productivity, velocity, and engineering processes
• Collaborate with leadership on policies, processes, team structures, and technology roadmaps
• Remain updated on industry advancements and tools to provide relevant guidance
• BA/BS in a related discipline and a minimum of five+ (5+) years of related experience
• Experience with the FedRAMP environment
• Experience across languages, frameworks, platforms, and infrastructure to include cloud infrastructure
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in establishing and maturing software development practices
• Ability to influence and manage change across an organization
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: At this time, there are no clearance requirements. Candidates with a security clearance are highly encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically