LEAD APPLIANCE MECHANIC: 2023-19676
Bowhead seeks a Lead Appliance Mechanic to support the Logistics Readiness Center (LRC) at Fort Jackson, SC. Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge, experience and understanding of US Army logistics, plus the knowledge and experience required to hold the position as outlined below.
***The Appliance Mechanic Lead pay will be $23.35 per hour with an additional $4.41 per hour H&W (Health and Welfare) fringe benefit***
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to install, service and repair stoves, refrigerators, dishwashing machines, and other electrical household or commercial appliances, using hand tools, test equipment and following wiring diagrams and manufacturer's specifications
• Replace worn or defective parts, such as switches, pumps, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, blowers and defective wiring
• Repairs and adjusts appliance motors
• Ability to reassembles appliance, adjusts pulleys and lubricates moving parts
• Perform preventive maintenance checks and services on equipment based on AR and equipment manuals
• Must be capable of reading and understanding manufacturer operation/maintenance manuals and conducting the maintenance as instructed
• High school Diploma or GED required
• EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certification, CFESA (Commercial Food Equipment Service Association) Certification highly preferred
• Experience installing/repairing/maintaining Food Service Equipment is required
• Experience working with gas, electric and steam appliances preferred
• A familiarity with the military is preferred but not required
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.