Bowhead seeks some Watchstander/Rovers to join our team at Kings Bay, Georgia. The SWFLANT team is responsible for maintaining Government furnished equipment and various watercraft associated equipment.
Essential functions will include:
• Entry level watchstander/duty rover to patrol dock and check boat safety.
• Monitor gauges, oil, electrical, environmental conditions and report any emergency situations immediately.
• Pump fluids both on and off the vessels as required.
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; excellent written/verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to access and successfully maintain access to government / military installations is a requirement of this position.
• One year experience or more in boat maintenance is highly desired but not required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds
Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Public Trust clearance at this location.