Bowhead seeks a Training Specialist to support the CoE Space and Missile Defense contract in Colorado Springs, CO.
• Develop lesson plans, training materials, and course content Conduct training secessions, demonstrations, and develop evaluation criteria
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and knowledge related to Army space operations
• Travel to conduct training as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 5+ years of related military experience as an NCO or Company Grade Officer or a Bachelor’s Degree
• Understanding of Space Fundamentals
• Understanding Army and Joint staffing processes
• Ability to coordinate and engage with external higher Federal and Government Agency
• Experience and understanding of military operations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Previous instructor-facilitator experience
• Ability to brief higher ranking officials
• Understand the MDMP process
• Knowledge and understanding of the ADDIE model
• MOSQ: FA40, Space 200, ASCBC, Space Operations Course, or other relevant space courses
• Graduate of a military instructor training course (ITC/SGITC, FIFC, ABIC, AFBIC, etc.)
• Sensor Manager Qualification Course (SMQC), or Sensor Leadership Development Course (SMLDC)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able obtain and maintain security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. Active Secret clearance is required to be considered ans candidates with a Top Secret/SCI are highly preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for holding a clearance at this location.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally, responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in multiple environments: a professional office environment, operational military training environment including adverse weather and terrain, and in a classroom environment. While in a military training environment, the position requires the wear of military uniforms, Army combat helmet, the use of night vision goggles, and standard Army personal protective equipment. This job routinely requires the ability to lift 50 pounds or more and can include lengthy periods of walking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also uses and troubleshoots small to medium signal transmitters, military equipment, and spectrum analyzers.