Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) is recognized as one of Alaska’s leading companies with over 4,000 employees nationwide. As a proud Alaska Native Corporation, our success brings growth and benefits to our over 3,000 Iñupiat shareholders. The size and diversity of our operations means we have a broad variety of career opportunities. We recruit only qualified people looking to join a workforce characterized by strong leadership, competent and hard-working staff, a superior work environment with a focus on career development, and great wages and benefits.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Shareholder Services, the Stock Manager will lead and oversee the Stock Department team by providing a high level of administrative support and excellent customer service to UIC shareholders. This position is based at the Corporate headquarters in Utqiaġvik, Alaska.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Stock Manager is responsible for the following:
· Strong communication skills, time management skills & multitasking skills.
· Established experience in hiring, motivating, training and supervising employees.
Note: Years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a bachelors degree
CERTIFICATE(S) / LICENSE(S)
· Administrative or office related equipment such as computers, telephone system, TEAMS, printers, scanners, video conferencing, etc.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CONDITIONS
· May require some travel for training and Shareholder Meetings
· Works a standard work week of 40 hours but may also need to weekend or irregular hours.
· Responsible for delegating tasks and monitoring stock department daily operations
· Responsible for hiring, training and managing stock employees
· Responsible for recommendations of all Class B applications
· Motivates and leads stock employees, managing deadlines and pushing the team to ensure productivity and timeliness.
· May require some travel, for Shareholder Meetings