Bowhead seeks to network with Mechanical Engineers / Weapon Systems Modelers to support the Navy’s Weapons Systems Munitions Integration and Hypersonics division. The qualified candidate will perform Target Vulnerability characterizations and Weapon System effectiveness analyses. The position will interface with weapons design analysts, other subject matter experts, and technical personnel model targets and analyze the effects of weapon systems against them.
• Define threat systems, understand their subsystems (e.g., propulsion, fire control, etc.) and then develop a Target Geometric Model and associated Fail Analysis Logic Trees
• Combine the Target Vulnerability models and weapon characterizations to assess encounters between a weapon and target with the goal of determining the overall probability of kill (Pk) or system effectiveness based upon delivery accuracy. These analyses are generally performed using a Monte Carlo simulation and are performed in support of weapons system acquisition, service procurement, and employment
• Prepare documentation and support configuration management guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Concentrations in the following academic areas would be of benefit: Vector calculus, statistics, statics, mechanics (3-Degrees of Freedom), dynamics (6-Degrees of Freedom), and Strength of Materials.
• Experience in Naval Weapons Systems development preferred.
• Critical thinking.
• Experience with Matlab, Python scripting, and SOLIDWORKS are a plus.
• Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
• Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically