Bowhead is seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join our dynamic team supporting Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head (NSWC IHD) Code 104. As an ISSE, you will be at the forefront of designing a secure network in collaboration with Code 104. Your expertise will be pivotal in ensuring systems are impenetrable and compliant with the latest security policies and regulations.
• Collaborate with system owners, administrators, and users to evaluate system interconnections and external connectivity.
• Address and mitigate security issues to uphold the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the system.
• Integrate security measures into the smart arsenal enclave’s network architecture from inception.
• Utilize your knowledge of ICS/SCADA system design to enhance our security infrastructure.
• Apply your understanding of IP protocols, cloud services, and the emerging threat landscape to fortify our systems.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders about security risks and strategic solutions.
• Ensure compliance with DoD Directive 8570.01-M or its successor, maintaining IAM Level 2 or higher designation.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in information security.
• In-depth knowledge of ICS/SCADA systems.
• Proficient in IP protocols, cloud services, and understanding emerging threats.
• IAM Level 2 or higher certification as per DoD Directive 8570.01-M or successor.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold an active Secret (or higher) security clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically