SENIOR POLICY ANALYST (NGB):
Bowhead is seeking a strong Senior Policy Analyst to support Headquarters National Guard Bureau (NGB) in Arlington, VA who can review and evaluate legislation and policies, determine the benefits and drawbacks of existing policies, and propose suggestions to improve the effects of policies. This contract is tasked with providing strategic planning and policy analysis and implementation management support to the Joint Staff, National Guard Bureau.
- Identify legal flaws in policies and recommend amendments, and edit and amend policy drafts as required.
- Liaise with stakeholders and Senior Leadership to determine needs and goals of policies.
- Gather data and produce reports on the qualitative and quantitative analysis and brief Senior Leadership.
- Attend monthly meetings of various workgroups in the NGB J1 portfolio.
• Master's degree in a related field is highly preferred.
• Ten (10+) minimum years of experience in Policy Analysis within DoD.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the legal aspects affecting NGB and DoD policies.
• Possess an excellent understanding of the relevant NGB conditions.
• Have high organizational and time-management skills.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have good interpersonal and social skills and the ability to work closely with various leadership levels to accomplish mission.
• Exceptional team player with a strong ability to contribute positively to a team environment. Able to sit in front of a computer screen for long hours at a time analyzing data.
• Experience with and able to utilize the NGB Task Management Tool (TMT).
• Have intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and GANTT programs.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must hold and be able to maintain security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.