FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEER (WSS-21-1507-F):
Bowhead seeks a Fire Control System Engineer to join our team at Hill AFB, UT to support the A-10 Weapon System Support, Analysis, Test, and Integration contract. The A-10 WSSATI contract is critical in supporting the A-10C weapon system (and any future Mission Design Series - MDS), and in facilitating the role of the A-10 SPO as a highly successful prime integrator. This will insure that the A-10 fleet remains a viable part of the cohesive, ready, and agile fighting forces that the Air Force, the Combatant Commanders, and our National Defense Strategy require. The Fire Control System Engineer will provide guidance and leadership with the fire & flight control implementation of different avionics programs and updates.
Candidate will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of current fire & flight control system standards needs to be maintained to provide proper guidance.
- Collaborate and coordinate with critical infrastructure and engineering teams to provide technical requirements.
- Work with minimal direction, perform strong verbal and written communication skills, and work alongside senior level officials.
- Use engineering manuals, standard publications, and technical material to obtain information and pertinent data for use by higher level engineers, contractors and/or customers.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and professional developments to maintain currency in the field and for application to work assignments. - Analyze and interpret lab and flight test results and compare against functional requirements.
- Provide technical support.
- Develop reports and documentation.
- Ensure that objectives and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of complex aircraft avionics such as the electronics package in a highly automated aircraft where the integrated flight and fire control System, electronic multiplex communications bus, Inertial Navigation System, multi-function displays, head-up display, data transfer equipment, pitot-static system and related instrumentation, flight director instrumentation, Central Air Data Computer, engine, hydraulic and fuel quantity indicating systems.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently have and be able to maintain a clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret clearance at this location.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically