Qayaq Government Solutions and its Government Construction family of companies are an Alaska Native Corporation owned by Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) of Barrow, Alaska. UICGS/Qayaq provides innovative business solutions while delivering top quality customer support. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER:
Responsible for managing the day-to-day project Quality Control program/operations, to ensure customer requirements are met with consistency, resulting in customer satisfaction. Moreover, responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
The position will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Participation in a team environment and have the ability to accept responsibility.
• Working with the Project Team to ensure that the project-milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met while maintaining all required quality control standards.
• Work with Project Manager (PM) and Project Superintendent (PS) to develop Baseline Project schedule and monthly updates.
• Provide oversight of engineering, quality, and construction activities to meet the project plans & specifications, standards, budgets and client expectations.
• Provide leadership to ensure that work is performed in accordance with contract specifications, pertinent building codes & practices as well as national and local standards.
• Ensures project submittals are developed accurately, and submitted on time in a manner to minimize rejected submittals, and actively pursue revise and resubmit issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains client liaison and communication for project activities.
• Ensure the implementation of contract documents and plans, actively promoting and supporting the quality control program at project sites.
• Maintain daily QC and as-built documentation.
• Develop and maintain Submittal and RFI Registers.
• Review all project Submittals and RFI’s for compliance with QC requirements.
• Identify and coordinate all required testing requirements. Ensuring that appropriate and required testing is implemented for the project. This includes monitoring, reviewing, evaluating, and documenting results.
• Obtain/perform all QC inspections and ensure that the quality of the work is fully compliant with the contract documents. Conduct 3-phase inspection for all Features of Work.
• Participate in project meetings.
• Prepare and manage the punch list inspection and follow-up process to assure timely completion.
• Maintain daily QC and as-built documentation.
• Preparation of close-out documentation.
• Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving Qayaq Government Solutions, LLC’s internal staff and external stake holders such as pre-construction meetings, progress meetings, and safety meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management.
• Five (5) years Quality Control Manager experience required.
• Five (5) years experience in government contracting/construction required.
• In lieu of the education requirement and experience requirements stated above, a candidate may qualify provided they have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Construction Quality Control.
• Knowledge in methods, practices, schedules, logistics and budgets.
• LEED Experience preferred (certification a plus).
• Current USACE/NAVFAC QCM certification required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and other software used in the construction industry.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work in a fast-paced setting.
• Professional demeanor in person, online, and via phone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to read and interpret engineering, architectural, other construction drawings, and specifications.
• Ability to work extended work schedules as required supporting the project execution plans and schedules.
• U.S. citizenship or U.S permanent resident status required.
• A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing and able to obtain and maintain a Government driver’s license. Must not have a DUI or reckless driving history in the past ten years.
• Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation on DoD Projects.
• Will be required to have COVID-19 Vaccination on DoD Projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
• Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
• Ethics – Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
• Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
• Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The physical demands associated with the duties and responsibilities described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. This includes, but is not limited to:
• The ability to spend extended hours walking construction sites and traveling to different project sites and offices.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read text on a computer screen and in hard copy, stand or sit, talk, and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to enter information into computers via a keyboard or other peripheral device.
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Qayaq Government Solutions, LLC.