Bowhead seeks Missile Warning Instructors to provide Missile Warning instruction in support of the Joint Ballistic Missile Defense Training and Education Center (JBTEC), located at Schriever AFB, Colorado.
• Obtain and maintain JBTEC instructor qualification and teach in discipline areas in which he or she has specific training and competence
• Plan, organize, and teach in a manner consistent with government and JBTEC standards
• Promote and direct successful student learning by preparing classrooms, and support materials and creating an atmosphere that encourages student involvement and participation
• Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with students, government personnel and fellow JBTEC personnel
• Serve on and contribute to a variety of matrixed course development and project teams
• When assigned, serve as a Course Manager and or Focused Area Manager, developing and maintaining appropriate courseware
• Plan, lead and execute Mobile Training Team (MTT) responsibilities to locations world-wide
• Participate in quarterly instructor training to include providing enrichment briefings to other instructors
• Maintain certification and currency in all assigned training including but not limited to: cyber security and network usage, restricted area escort procedures, anti-terrorist and insider threat awareness
• Harmoniously and effectively work with military and civilian students and personnel from all services and DOD organizations as well as other governmental agencies and appropriately cleared, designated foreign students of all ranks and positions
• Formal training/instructor experience
• Missile warning experience
• Space experience
• ISD / ADDIE structure and processes, courseware development & management
• MS Office (specifically PowerPoint)
• Modeling & Simulation Tools
Highly Recommended Skillsets:
• Instructor certification from TRADOC, AETC or NAVEDTRA
• CCMD Staff or Ops Center experience such as INDOPACOM, EUCOM, CENTCOM, NORTHCOM, STRATCOM
• Assignments in NMCC, GOC, JOC, AOC, MOC, JTAGS with Missile Warning duties
• Background in one of the following: Space or Command center operations
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level initially and be able to obtain TS/SCI. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret/SCI clearance at this location.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
Target salary is 90,000 to 110,000; commensurate with experience.