In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
A successful candidate will meet or exceed the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in Desktop Management cycle
- Associates Degree with Technical Certification (such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Dell Certified Systems Expert (DCSE)). Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred.
- Understanding of PC/Laptop/MacBook/printer hardware technology and associated operating systems (Windows / OS X)
- Ability to install, configure and maintain operating system and software products
- Experience providing customer or end-user support and good communication skills
- Understanding of how to perform advanced troubleshooting of desktop software, hardware and network problems
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures or policies
- Ability to analyze the problem, develop a strategy and implement the solution
- As this is a customer-facing position, the candidate must present a positive, professional demeanor that reflects positively upon the company and the supported agency
- Proficient to expert ability in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in the English language. The ability to understand problems over the phone and to clearly communicate instructions and guidance over the phone is essential for this position.
- Ability to work independently while following established SOPs and guidance from management and co-workers.
- Must be flexible and willing to work varying shifts (06:00-14:30, 7:30-16:00,08:30-17:00,10:30-19:00).
- Employee will participate in a rotating hybrid schedule (Telework and onsite).
- The first 30-45 days of employment will be onsite at the US Census Bureau.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend, and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Public Trust clearance at this location.